Friday, February 12, 2010

Cinnamon Rolls

Alyssa and I visited Grandma Porter on Monday and made cinnamon rolls....boy did her home smell lovely!!! (Alyssa...what a beauty!)

Yummy, yummy cinnamon rolls!!!

GG and sissa!! Two fabulous women!!

I got this recipe many years ago from a lady and dear friend in Tucson, Wally Bishop. I have tried many recipes...but this one is the very bestest!

CINNAMON ROLLS
2 cups warm water
1 cup sugar
2 T. yeast
2 cups flour
3/4 cups oil
2 eggs
4 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. salt
Mix water and yeast. Wait until bubble (usually takes 5 minutes) Mix in sugar and 2 cups flour. Let rise 1 hour. Add rest of ingredients. (I let my eggs sit out during the hour to get room temp) Cover and let rise till light. Make into desired sweet rolls. Let rise. Bake @ 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. ENJOY!!!

1 comment:

  1. What is the icing? It almost looks like a maple icing.

    I have a request! Bread! White, wheat, just a good loaf of bread.

    ReplyDelete