Sunday, January 10, 2010

Meatloaf!


This is a recipe that I got watching Martha Stewart a few years back. It is probably the best meatloaf recipe I have ever made!!!


Martha's Meatloaf


4 slices bread (crumbs...to do this just put slices in a 150 oven on broil and let dry. Put in a ziplock bag when cool and roll with a rolling pin and voilla...bread crumbs!)

2 lbs of any ground meat (my fav is chicken.....I LOVE how it turns out)

1 cup each of the following...grated

onion, green pepper, carrot, celery

1/2 cup parsley

1 clove garlic, minced

1/2 cup katchup

1 egg

2 tsp dry mustard

1 tsp salt

1 tsp peper


mix all together and form into loaf. Cook @ 350 for 1 hour.


Glaze

2 T. Brown Sugar

1/2 cup ketchup

1 tsp dry mustard


After meatloaf bakes for an hour, spread glaze on loaf and bake for 10-15 minutes more. Take out and let set for 10 minutes before slicing! I love it with baked potaoes. Meatloaf and baked potatoes was my dad's favoritest meal!!

Enjoy!

1 comment: