Sunday, January 3, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies


so.....most of you know I really do not care for peanut butter....but, if it has chocolate surrounding it, then, I am there! This recipe is an amazing one I found a couple of summers ago. One of the cast members of HONK! brought them to a cast party and, although they are peanut butter...I fell in love with them! I asked him for the recipe and he said "ask my mom!" ha! luckily I know their family!! Jessica is a great friend of Alyssa's and Julie (used) to work at the same school as me. This is Julie Daye's sisters recipe. Well now, how's that for a round about recipe! O! and I was thinking today that this blog is fabulous for another reason...in that, the recipes are tried and true. Most are favorites even!


PEANUT BUTTER CUP COOKIES


1 cup margarine (I always use butter)

1 cup brown sugar

1 cup white sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp vanilla

1 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp salt

1 cup peanut butter

3 1/2 cups flour

about 30 small peanut butter cups (1 bag of Walmart brand work best)


Mix all ingredients except peanut butter cups. Form into golf ball size balls, flatten and wrap around peanut butter cups. Bake 350 degrees on an ungreased cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes. (My oven makes them perfect in 9 minutes.) ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment