Monday, January 25, 2010

Nani's Chili


This recipe I got from my sister-in-law, Laurie Sherratt. She got it from her Grandmother. We had it when we stayed with them one time and fell in love with it.



Nani's Chili


2 cups dry beans (I use 1 cup red and 1 cup pinto)

6 cups water

2 cans tomatos - blended

1 1/2 lbs hamburger - browned (I sometimes use ground chicken-which I like better)

1 bell pepper - chopped

1/4 cup onion flakes or 1/2 cup diced onion

1 1/4 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper

1 1/4 tsp season salt

1 T. parsley flakes

1/2 tsp. chili powder

1/4 tsp garlic powder

1/4 cup brown sugar

1/2 tsp cumin

1/2 tsp. Chinese chili paste


Rinse dry beans. Pour hot water over beans and cook on low till tender. Add all ingredients and let simmer for an hour. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment