Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Chinese Chicken Salad


This one is a huge family fav! This is a recipe that my mom made when she visited us in Tucson. I am sure she got it at Relief Society. I think Aaron was about 8 or 9 yrs old....cause I know he wanted to taste it right away and my mom told him he had to wait because it has to sit in the frig for 8 hrs. He was so dissapointed. When making it, it smells SO delish that you just want to gobble it right up. I kinda like it with the noodles crunchy...but then again, there is something to be said for it to sit and "marinate" in the dressing! I kinda tweeked the original recipe. I added mandarin oranges and pinneapple.


CHINESE CHICKEN SALAD


2 pkgs fresh coleslaw

3 pkgs. chicken flavored Ramen (not cooked!!! seriously...you laugh, but I had a sister-in-law who actually cooked them when making it and then asked why it didn't turn out!!!)

1 pkg chicken breast, cooked and shredded

1 bunch green onions, chopped ...only the greens!

1 29 oz can mandarine oranges, drained

1 21 oz can pinneapple tidbits, drained


Mix these altogether. (crunch up ramen into bits)


DRESSING

1 cup oil

3 oz red vinegar

3 packets of flavoring from Ramen

3 T. sugar

1/2 tsp. pepper (I add a sprinkle more)


Pour dressing over salad. Mix and refrigerate 8 hrs or overnight.

My mama says that it can last in the frig for a week!!! We never tried that because

it was always gone in a heartbeat! Enjoy!!

1 comment: