Monday, December 28, 2009

Caramels (only the bestest EVAH!!)


This recipe is actually one I got from Mary Bradford in Tucson. They are the most delicious and soft caramels I ever tasted. Mary actually did a demonstration in Relief Society one night. And I have been making them for Christmas each year! And this is the first "candy" recipe here on my new blog!! So, enjoy!!


CARAMELS


2 cups sugar

1 1/4 cups white Karo syrup

1/2 lb. butter

2 cups heavy cream


Mix sugar, butter, syrup and 1 cup of the cream together in saucepan.
Cook 10-15 minutes (I always do 15) Add 1/2 cup cream. Cook 10-15
minutes. Add the rest of the cream (1/2 cup) and cook to a hard boil.
Stirring constantly and scraping bottom. I test the caramels a little at
time. Just drop a bit into a bowl of ice water. When it sets up and is at
your desired consistency...pour into a buttered 9x13 pan. Let cool to
room temp. Cut into desired size and wrap in wax paper. This makes
a big batch! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love caramels! This doesn't sound very difficult. :)

    ReplyDelete