Sunday, December 27, 2009

Sunday Dinner with the Bell's and Dabczynskies


Tonight Ames and Emily came to dinner and also Em's parents, Andy and Diane.

They brought ham, so I made my favorite...Scalloped Potatoes!!

This recipe is from a very dear friend, Ruth Bird. She used to manage the Lion House (if I remember correctly?) and this was a recipe she got from there. So, here is one of my favoritest dinner recipes. Sometimes I put in cubed ham to make a one dish meal.


POTATOES O'MALLEY

8 potatoes ...peeled and cubed (I cook them in the microwave before assembling!)

1 pint sour cream

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 bunch green onions ...chopped and only use the green

1/2 cube margarine (but I always use buttter)

1 cup grated cheese

pepper and salt to taste

parsley as desired

combine all ingredients except potatoes. Put potatoes in a 9x11 pan that has been sprayed with Pam. put mixture on top and mix together. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving. I usally make this the night before and it turns out so amazingly!!!Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment